Fogelson Library seeks to maintain a space in which all library users can utilize library resources. We expect individuals to conduct themselves in a manner which preserves the rights of all other library users and staff. The Patron Behavior Policy establishes a set of guidelines by which library staff will enforce the safety and accessibility of the library.
Unacceptable behavior will be defined as any behavior which encroaches on another library user’s rights, or prevents others from making use of resources.
- Removing or attempting to remove library materials that have not been checked out by library staff.
- Soliciting, canvassing, or conducting for-profit business unless authorized by the Santa Fe University of Art and Design.
- Using alcohol, drugs, or smoking devices in the library.
- Talking in a loud or disruptive manner – including phone and Skype.
- Using personal listening equipment at a disruptive volume level.
- Leaving youth (under age 14) unattended in any area of the library.
- Engaging in illegal behavior.
- Damaging library materials, equipment, or property.
- Threatening, harassing, abusing, and initiating unwanted or inappropriate interactions with other library users or staff.
- Loitering or sleeping in the library (non-Santa Fe University of Art and Design individuals).
Responses to Unacceptable Behavior:
- Campus Security will immediately be contacted at the discretion of library staff whenever the behavior of a person is problematic, threatening, or illegal.
- As a consequence, the offending individual may be temporarily suspended from library use or permanently banned from the library. If the individual engages in illegal behavior, criminal charges will be pursued.