Each student will choose one musical theater dance number choreographed by BOB FOSSE, JEROME ROBBINS, or MICHAEL BENNETT. The videos of these performances must be viewed outside of class time on a DVD (you can watch DVDs and BluRays in the Miniver Room), on YouTube, Viemeo, or another type of media your librarian may be able to help you find.
Here is the assignment:
- You will submit a typed, three-page, double-spaced, paper (the link directs you to a page on formatting)
- Your paper must analyze the performance you chose, focusing on:
- the use of space
- the dance steps
- the interplay of costumes/props/sets
- the performance quality of the dancers
- how the dance ties into the overall story
- Refer to the Choreography Analysis Guide
- Use outside research such as:
- at least one reputable on-line source
- at least one journal article if available
- at least one book if available
- Proper MLA Citations must be used (the link directs you to an MLA Citation info page, there are citation machines there that you can use to help guide you. You will still need to edit them for accuracy, we can discuss)
- Each student will share the whole or part of the VIDEO of the video they analyzed along with a 4-5 minute presentation on their analysis.
- If you need help, please contact me, your ever present and helpful librarian. Helping you is what I do.